Saturday, July 21, 2012

LBL BFL #4 JULY 21

I found a new school in practice that I didn't think anyone had found. I caught a 4lber and a 6lber there the day I found them but it was a small school.  I stopped there this morning and they were nowhere to be found.  I headed on south and stopped on my only other school no one has been on and fished for over an hour and scrounged up two small keepers.  I finally got on another school after watching a boat fish them for an hour and a half but the fish were sitting about 50 yards from where that guy had been fishing.  I quickly caught a limit of 2.5lbers and decided to fish shallow bars and humps for a big bite the rest of the day.  I managed a 3lber off of one place and at 12:30 I popped a 6lber.  I ran back north to my starting spot in hopes they would be there and they were.  I knew with each big bite I'd move way up in the standings and I knew there were big fish in this school.  The fish were on the bottom in 21ft of water and I immediately caught a 2.5lber on a Strike King Bottom Dweller. I just knew I was about to be on but I never caught anything that would cull.  I weighed in 16lbs 4oz and finished 9th and my 6lber was good enough for big fish of the day.  This also moved me up ot 4th in the points so it looks like I'll be going to Pickwick in October for the regional.

No comments:

Post a Comment