Monday, September 17, 2012

LBL BFL SUPER TOURNAMENT

I didn't have much going on in September other than the BFL and BWS 2 day tournaments.  I usually try to stay off the water until 2 or 3 days right before the tournament but I was chomping to get out and see what the grass fish were doing so I hit the water 8 days before the BFL.  I found a stretch of grass that was chalk full of bass and the biggest of the bunch were SMALLMOUTH!  I don't catch a lot of smallies so I was bouncing off the walls wondering if they'd hang around long enough for me to exploit them in the BFL.

The fish stayed put but they changed colors on me and I weighed in 31lbs 5oz worth of largemouth that all fell victim to a 7/16oz Strike King Baby Burner spinnerbait or a 3/8oz Tour Grade Swimming Jig tipped with a pearl Rage Craw.  I caught a ton of fish but only had one smallmouth and it was a 17 3/4" beauty but unfortunately they have to be 18" in the BFL's so I had to let her swim away.  I managed a 3rd place finish and finished the year in 3rd place in the point's standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment