Thursday, October 11, 2012

BWS REGIONAL CHICKAMAUGA PRACTICE

Practice started out great when I caught a 4 and a 6lber in the first 20 minutes.  They were on a specific type of grass line and the next two similar places I fished produced several keepers in the 3 to 5lb range. We ended the day with over 20lbs of bass and I was feeling pretty good about my flippin, swim jig and spinnerbait pattern.

Tuesday was like we were on a different lake and after several hours of trying to duplicate my day 1 pattern we hadn't had a sniff.  I finally pulled out an umbrella rig loaded down with 5.5" Shadalicious and caught a 5.5lber on my 3rd cast on a bluff end.  I thought I was on to something but after another hour of running that pattern I never had another bite.  We finally caught a couple other small keepers that day but it was brutally slow.

Wednesday started out strong and I caught a 3lber in the first 15 minutes throwing a Tour Grade swim jig around scattered hydrilla but my next bite was a catfish and it went down hill from there.  I fished several more grass lines and scrounged up one more small keeper and then spent the rest of the day scanning ledges and although there were a ton of shad on the river ledge, I never found any bass. 

My confidence was quickly dwindling along with the bite and I rested up today and prepped tackle for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment