Tuesday, February 25, 2014

ABA WBS FEB. 22

My new Triton TRX came in just before the Weekend Bass Series and by the time I got all of that business taken care of I only had one day to practice.  I knew I didn't have time to run through all of my old stuff so I decided to start from scratch. I spent four hours that day looking around out deep and while the majority of the fish seemed to be out there, the muddy water made them impossible to catch. I finally bailed on the deep fish and ran around chunking a Redeye Shad and a KVD 1.5 the rest of the day and while  I only caught three fish that day, they were of decent quality and weighed about 10lbs.  I thought if I just covered a ton of water during the tournament I might luck up and run into five good ones.  Unfortunately, I only ran into two on tournament day and they weren't that good. I weighed in the smallest (4.91 lbs) bag of fish on KY Lake I've weighed since I started fishing and guiding full time in 2009. The good news for me was everyone struggled, 13lbs won the tournament and I finished 14th and not completely out of the race for Angler of the Year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment