Thursday, January 12, 2012

STILL IN HOUSTON

It's Thursday and I'm still in Houston at Lani's apartment with no transportation during the days while he's at work. I have gotten a lot done as far as talking with sponsors and writing some articles and getting this blog going....BUT I'M READY TO FISH!!!  We did get some good news yesterday and that's that the boat is fixed and ready for us to roll out towards Zapata Friday morning.  The pulse pump had gone out in it so there was no way we were going to be able to get back on the water last weekend which makes us feel a little bit better.  I'm pumped about the tournament but we sure needed those extra days of practice. Things have changed a LOT since I was at Falcon in November.  It's an awesome lake, but it can still be time consuming finding the right kind of fish you need to do well with.  It's weird to be catching 5's and 6's on every cast but have to leave them because their too small!  I could get used to it though.  Looks like the plan is to beat up on the two schools we found the first couple hours of the tournament and try and catch as much weight as possible out of them and then practice the rest of the day.  I know the lay of the land there pretty well but there's a lot of it and we may run out of time before we find what we're looking for.  If I have to fish a tournament blind I can't think of any other place I'd rather do it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment