Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES KY DIVISION #1 MARCH 9, 2013

BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES: I took a trip to Florence, AL to fun fish on Wilson Lake the week before the first BWS on KY Lake. I started feeling a little rough while I was at Wilson but just assumed it was allergy and sinus trouble. I got home and wasn't feeling much better but the first BWS was coming up and I had to start hunting some fish because not only did I desperately need to draw a check in the BWS, I wanted to try and defend my points title. I suffered through one day of practice and it wasn't very impressive. I went to New Johnsonville and caught one 3.5lber and three short fish all day. By the next morning I was running a fever and really feeling rough. I ended up dropping out of the tournament and spending the next four days in bed hopped up on Nyquil! I stayed in touch with my good buddy David Gnewikow while he was practicing and he was struggling mightily as well. I think he caught two or three fish in two days of practice and he wasn't looking forward to fishing the tournament. David is as good as they come at not giving up and figuring things out on the fly and at 10am the day of the tournament something clicked and he managed to pop 21lbs worth and finish 3rd in the tournament. Unfortunately for David, Scotty Young dropped almost 30lbs on the scales and ran away with first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment