Friday, April 6, 2012

Jet-A-Marine Tournament Practice

I decided to try and stay off of the water for a few weeks and hopefully snap out of this funk i'm in and be greeted by big 'ol hungry largemouth when I return before my next BFL tournament April 21st.  I've been pretty successful in my efforts not to fish but my buddy Jeremy Estes, owner of Strike Force fish attractant, called me needing a partner for the Jet-A-Marine tournament.  I tried to decline but he was dead set on fishing it and his original partner was having boat trouble.  Jeremy's a good guy and produces the finest fish attractant I've ever smelled and it has put some extra money in my pocket on numerous occasions, so I finally gave in.  I had no clue what the fish were doing other than a report that some big stringers had been caught in New Johnsonville on topwater so Jeremy and I headed to Jville on Friday to see if we could figure something out.  We fished all of the old stuff I used to catch 'em on and didn't have any luck.  We did get on a mess of fish with the new Strike King Sexy Dawg, but none were over 3lbs. I've never seen fish go after a topwater like they did that Sexy Dawg!  If that thing was long enough to house six sets of treble hooks, I think we could've caught six at a time on it, it was crazy!  We went and looked for some spawning fish but never saw anything on the banks. We did catch several 2 to 3lbers and Jeremy popped a 5.5lber just casting around spawing areas with Rodents.  We had around 16lbs on the day and decided that wasn't worth making the 75 mile run so we decided to just go fish Barkley for the heck of it on tournament day.

No comments:

Post a Comment