Friday, April 19, 2013

LBL BFL #2 Practice

LBL BFL PRACTICE DAY 1: I sit in Captains School for a week watching the water rise into the bushes and I knew there would be a killer flipping bite going on. My parents just happen to be in Paris on Tuesday before my 2nd BFL of the year and they hopped in my Triton with me and we headed to the shallows. Our first stop produced a ton of bites and the biggest of them was a 7.5lber I snatched out of the brush with a Strike King Rodent! Our best five between us when we left there were right at 20lbs. We ran to another area and while we caught a ton of fish we never caught any over 3lbs. The last stop of the day was loaded with bass and we caught a mess of 4 to 5lb class fish in there. Our best 5 fish for the day were around 25lbs and we caught about 60 keepers on the day! It was one of the better days of flipping Ive ever experienced on KY Lake and even though I knew it wouldnt last with the water being pulled down a little more each day, it was still an awesome day with my two favorite people in the world!


LBL BFL PRACTICE DAY 2: I met my friend Troy Hollowell and we headed to the New Johnsonville area. The bite was a lot slower than the day before but of the first few bites we got, we had a 4 and a 5lber. We fished a ton of water that day and still werent seeing the numbers but when the dust settled we did have about 25lbs worth of bites on our biggest five. We headed back towards Paris and it was too pretty of a day to call it quits so we pulled into a few pockets and absolutely murdered the 2 and 3lb fish. Another fun day of flipping with a good friend but unfortunately the water is getting lower by the day and I know by Saturday its going to be a grind to catch a big stringer flipping. The wind has blown like crazy the past two days and I know Im going to live and die by flipping so I didnt practice any more this week. Ive kept an eye on the water levels and if it dips below 359, I may head to Barkley tomorrow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment