Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another rough day on Gville

I don't even have anything worth talking about from today. I did a ton of SIing and never saw anything worth fishing for. I did find a boat laying on the bottom which was pretty cool.  I've found two boats on the bottom of Gville with SI and they're within two miles of each other.  It's weird because I've spent 1000 hours SIing KY Lake and never found a boat but only about 20 hours SIing Gville and already found two. 

I went all the way to the dam searching for schools and it didn't happen.  I didn't fish very much today but I fished enough that I should've caught more than two bass which is what I caught.  One was about a 3lber and one weighed 7lbs 4oz. I'd sure like to have that one Saturday. 

A lot of my bigger fish are loner's and even though they aren't on identical places, the places do have some similarities, mostly the depth and where the fish are positioned on the structure.  The bad thing is, I may fish 20 of these places before I catch one.  The places aren't very big but it's a pretty specific cast that seems to get them to bite which makes it time consuming because I have to fish them thoroughly.  Throw in the 25mph wind that's predicted for Saturday and it's going to be even tougher to hold on these spots and make the perfect cast.  I think instead of going out sore mouthing loner's tomorrow, I'm gonna pick about 100 places on the map, out of the wind, that could possibly hold a loner.  Once I run through my three or four schools Saturday I'm just going to Arig as many of those 100 places as time will allow and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment