Sunday, February 26, 2012

MUSIC CITY BFL GUNTERSVILLE

I didn't fish much this week due mostly to 35mph winds almost every day and the fact I was still frustrated after having the best practice ever last week and bombing in the tournament.  I fished about three hours Tuesday and had 3 bites. My old buddy Aaron Meritt came down Wednesday and he wanted to catch some fish.  We tried the pattern that failed me last weekend and it was going strong.  We had over 20lbs in an hour and ended the day with about 24lbs.

I decided to just go fishing in the BFL and make my decisions on the fly.  My first stop was exactly where I fished last Saturday and by 9am I had 24lbs.  The wind got pretty bad and muddied everything up and the bite slowed considerably.  I did catch several more keepers during the day but none would cull.  I finished 3rd and missed out on my 7 grand Triton Gold money by 12 oz. which was a little hard to stomach.  I was a little shocked that it only took 24-11 to win since it's taken 30+ the past two weekends but I guess even the Alabama rig isn't fool proof which was refreshing to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment