Friday, February 17, 2012

PATTERN'S HOLDING

I hit Gville yesterday for a half day and spent two hours trying to fine tune my pattern from Wednesday. During that two hours between my partner and I, we put 24lbs in the boat.  After yesterday I knew it was a legitimate pattern and not just a fluke so I spent about five hours today looking for more areas to run it. I found several places that were working but more importantly I eliminated a ton of water. It took me a little over a day to figure it out but there are three major ingredients to what a place needs and when I find it, I catch 'em.  The size was down on average today but I did have about 23lbs hooked.  I lost a 5lber while I was trying to drop a waypoint that would've probably made it in the boat in a tournament and I  hit one place and hooked one about 4 or 5lbs and an 8-2 on the same cast.  I of course didn't have a net out during practice and the little one came unbuttoned while I was trying to lip the biggun'!  Worse part about that is, of all the places I'm catching these fish, those two came off of the only place that gets hammered by other fishermen.  I'm not going to race anybody trying to get there, but if I drive by and it's open, it will get thrown on.

No comments:

Post a Comment