Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guide Trip/BWS Practice

I had a guide trip today which also turned out to be pretty good practice for my upcoming BWS tournament this weekend.  It was an awesome day to be on the water.  Not too hot, no wind and surprisingly no boats!  I got to fish every place I wanted to hit and every one of them had a big school willing to bite sitting on it.  I found two new schools too and we caught some 3lb chunks out of them with a few 4.5lbers mixed in.  We had 22lbs on our best 5 and caught about 40 keepers. 

I'd had intentions of fishing hydrilla on the south end of the lake this weekend but today makes me want to give the deep fish another shot.  I did check a few shallow places that produced a 4 and a 4.5lber so that was a good sign. I know it won't be as good on Saturday as it was today with no current and more traffic, but I'll just have to see what I find down south in practice before I decide how to spend my tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment