Sunday, June 3, 2012

Triton Owners Tournament

I was unfortunately ineligible to fish the TOT because I paid or should I say donated $4000 to fish the FLW Tour Open on Guntersville last fall (aka The Paul Elias Open).  The TOT has a rule where if you pay over $1500 to fish a tournament within the past two years your ineligible to fish.  I ended up working at the tournament for Triton and Odom's Blue and Gray Marine and got to see a lot of old friends and made a few new friends as well.

My Electronics course business was booming last week and I had three trips a day some days which was a good thing.

Larry and Verna Odom had introduced me to a good friend of theirs, Mark Westbrook, earlier in the week and he had just bought a new Humminbird 1198.  I helped Mark get his unit dialed in a few days before the tournament and I had dinner with him and the Odom's several nights.  Mark was a great guy and ended up winning the draw boat after the 2nd day weigh in which was really cool.

Rusty Rust and Pat Anderson won the tournament with 48lbs and some change and my buddy Scott Mansfield took Big Bass honors with a 10.38lb freak!

It was a good week and another successful TOT put on by Triton and Randy Sullivan and his Bassmaster Weekend Series crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment