Saturday, June 9, 2012

HULMES SPORTING GOODS OPEN TOURNAMENT

My good buddy Dr. David Gnewikow and I decided to jump into the Hulmes Open this weekend since we didn't have any other things going on for a change.

I hadn't been on the lake much other than a couple of electronics courses I'd done so I spent Friday in the Paris to 68 bridge stretch and G fished the Jville to Danville stretch.  I didn't do much fishing but did drive over a few schools to make sure they were where they needed to be.  I was hoping David would find some of those giant grass fish that have been showing up at weigh ins lately but unfortunately it didn't happen.

We fished a few deep schools in the tournament and caught two of our biggest fish off of shallow bars. We had 20.17lbs and finished 3rd.

We had a good day on the water and caught a bunch of fish but came up a few pounds shy of the win.  My friend Kenny Louden won the tournament with 24lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment