Friday, June 14, 2013

EVERSTART DAY 2



I figured I needed at least 20lbs to have a shot a making the top 10 cut so I decided to fish more isolated stuff again today since thats how I caught my two biggest fish on the  yesterday. At 9:30 I hadnt even had a bite and decided I may need to do something different. Knowing I couldnt catch the right size fish out of the schools I already knew about I made up my mind to drive around and look for new schools. It took me about an hour but I finally found a school on a really subtle place that I knew hadnt been fished. I caught em on every cast for about an hour but only got about 14lbs out of them. I left there and looked some more. After another hour or so, I found another fresh school and absolutely pounded them on a 6XD and culled three times. Unfortunately the biggest of the bunch was about 3.75lbs so I was still a long way from my 20lb goal. I went back to fishing the shallow bars the rest of the day but never upgraded. I weighed in 16lbs 10oz and moved up one spot to 27th which was luckily good enough for a $1300 check and $1500 Toyota Bonus Bucks.


David G managed to hold onto his 2nd place spot though his weight was down considerably from day 1 but he still has a shot at the win heading into tomorrow....GOOD LUCK DAVE!!!.


SUMMARY: I definitely shouldve practiced differently for this one. When I thought I had Davids honey holes to go to I got a little lazy in trying to find anything really good because I knew I was going to spend at least half of each day on his stuff no matter what. Ive never been much on relying on someone elses fish but I knew what was living there and I knew whoever spent the time there would have the bites to make a run at the win. Unfortunately it wasnt me but fortunately it was him and he deserves it because he found them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment