Sunday, June 23, 2013

KY BWS #3 June 22, 2013

    
I headed straight to my giant school on Saturday morning and caught one over 3lbs on my first cast on a big Shadalicious. I caught a bunch over the next hour and was only keeping fish over 3lbs. The bite finally slowed after another hour or so and I weighed all of my fish and had a little over 17lbs. I was a little disappointed those 4.5lbers didnt bite but I had a feeling they would before the day was over. I ran to another school I found on Friday and culled once with a 3.75lber. I hit another school and caught a few 3s but never culled. I was chomping to get back to where I started but I had one more school I had to check. I drove over them and they were stacked! I have no idea how many I caught but I got tired of catching them on a 6XD and I never culled once with any of them. My co angler did manage a couple of cull fish there so it wasnt a total loss. I headed back to where I started the morning and got right on the stretch where Id caught the big ones on Wednesday. For the last hour of the day I caught a 3.75lber every time I got to my waypoint and culled all but one fish I had in the livewell. Unfortunately 3.75lbers dont win tournaments and I weighed in 18.85lbs and finished in 7th place.


SUMMARY: Well, it was a fun day. I caught well over 100 fish and the bigger fish were right where they were supposed to be, they just werent big enough. I still had a blast, got a little check and won some more Toyota money so I cant complain. Oh yea, that Gnewikow guy had a 9.42lber and won the tournament with 26lbs! Congrats Dave! Again!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment