Saturday, June 1, 2013

LBL BFL #4 Practice

The past couple weeks were extremely busy. The Triton Owners Tournament is back on KY Lake this weekend and Ive been slammed with guide trips leading up to it. Weve had fairly stable warm weather and new schools are moving out daily. Im finding three to six new schools everyday but most of them are on community holes. If you can be the first guy to find them on the community holes you can catch some big stringers and though I wont get to exploit them in any tournaments, Ive had some very happy guide clients the last two weeks. Unfortunately our BFL is the same day as the second day of the TOT but with 300 boats launching out of Paris it will be next to impossible to get on any schools in that area so I gave those away to guide clients. I spent today trying to locate some fish further north for myself and was able to find four schools. Three of them are on community holes but theyve just moved out and they have some big ones in them. The other school is on a really subtle place and I only saw about twenty fish on my Lowrance but I caught a 4lber on my first cast and left. Ive decided to race to what I think is the better of the community holes first thing in the morning and then rotate between my four schools throughout the day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment