Friday, June 21, 2013

KY BWS #3 PRACTICE



Id made up my mind there was no way I was strictly fishing school fish in this one because I just couldnt catch the right size. I had a guide trip on Wednesday and I told them we probably wouldnt catch any big ones but we would try and catch 100 fish. We caught 20 on our first stop, 18 on our next stop and 15 on our next stop. We had about 17lbs out of all of those and then I found the biggest school of fish I think Ive ever seen. There were so many I even questioned the fact they could be bass but once we started fishing, they were all bass! We fished a 75 yard stretch pretty quickly and caught 48 keepers along the way. This isnt that unusual but what was special about it is that there was this one little stretch within the 75 yards that produced 24lbs on five casts! We ended the day with 121 keepers and they had a blast and I have a new outlook on fishing the schools in the tournament Saturday. Ive spent the last two days looking and looking and Ive found many new schools but Im back to the old 3lber syndrome. On the way in on today I drove over the 75 yard stretch I guided on and they were loaded! Thats where Ill spend the majority of my day tomorrow, we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment