Friday, May 4, 2012

BWS KY WEST DIVISION PRACTICE

I spent Wednesday on south Barkley checking everything that was working last weekend and the shad spawn pattern was dead.  My deep schools were still hanging around and I located another school or two but with no current on the weekend I knew those wouldn't be very dependable. A couple of my buddies had found my best flipping area and were fishing the USA Bassin Classic on Thursday and Friday so I stayed away from that in practice because I didn't want to disturb any fish that might help them win a new boat.  I caught a limit running around checking new water but nothing to write home about.

Thursday, I headed north on Barkley to the Little River area and did a ton of side imaging on the main lake but never found anything that looked promising.  I fished a few places and caught a few fish but had only three keepers at the end of the day. My buddies had 18lbs in there tournament that day and a couple of them came from the area I had been fishing the past couple weeks so that let me know there were a few fish left in that area.

I spent a few hours in Little River before the meeting today and it was horrible. I didn't find anything deep and the shallow stuff I used to fish back in the day only had inches of water on it.  I talked to my friends tonight and they had 22lbs today and finished 3rd in the USA Bassin deal and won a boat which was good news. The bad news was that my area they were fishing has dried up and they caught there fish elsewhere.  I've decided to head south tomorrow and hope my schools cooperate and then go flip the area anyway and hopefully scrounge up a left over female or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment