Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kentucky Lake Everstart Practice

Well, I decided to dedicate my entire practice to ledge fishing on KY Lake.  I had thought that Barkley may be a player for me but after last weekend I threw that out the window.

I spent three days scanning ledges from New Johnsonville to Moors Resort and located 28 shcools of bass anywhere from 6ft deep down to 26ft.  My best baits have of course been the Strike King 6XD and the Sexy Spoon.  Unfortunately out of all of these schools, a 4lber is a big one out of them and they average between 2.75 and 3lbs so I think I should be able to catch 14lbs a day pretty easily.  Knowing my luck it will take 14.5lbs a day to get a check!!!

I also found a shallow ledge pattern that's producing some better fish similar to how I fish in the late summer/early fall.  I caught two over 5lbs doing this one day and another 5lber the second day on the same type stuff.  Bad thing about fishing this way is you never know how many bites you may get, maybe 10 or maybe 0, but when you get bit there's a good bet it's a 4 plus pounder.

I plan on running my schools until I get 14 or 15lbs and then finishing out the day slow dragging a jig on the shallow bars and try to get a few big bites.  I figure out of 28 schools, half of them will have a boat on them and half of the remaining half will be gone.  So I'm going into it assuming I only have 7 shcools of fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment